For successful applicants, SVEPM will cover the cost of the conference registration fee and 3 nights’ accommodation (including breakfast) on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening of the conference (in accommodation allocated by SVEPM). All other expenses incurred, including those of travel to and from the conference, are the responsibility of the applicant and will not be reimbursed.
SVEPM conference bursary awards are offered under the following terms and conditions:
1. The bursary entitles the successful applicant to attend the SVEPM conference in the year following the application, with the registration fee being covered by SVEPM. SVEPM will register successful applicants and no funds will be transferred.
2. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by 15 January and successful applicants must indicate acceptance of the offer by 31 January. Failure to do so will result in the offer being withdrawn.
3. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of valid travel arrangements by
15 February. Failure to do so will result in the offer being withdrawn.
4. Successful applicants must present a poster or oral presentation at the conference. If he/she has no research findings to present, a poster describing the veterinary epidemiology/public health situation in the applicant’s country of origin is requested. Presentations should acknowledge SVEPM’s contribution to the delegate’s conference attendance.
5. If the successful applicant is prevented from making the trip for any reason, SVEPM must be notified without delay.
6. The bursary is a personal award made to the named applicant and cannot be transferred to another person or to an institution/organisation.
7. If the applicant is offered or receives funding to attend the conference from another party, SVEPM must be informed without delay and the award may be modified accordingly, or withdrawn altogether.